A valve actuator is a control/force mechanism attached to a valve which will move the valve to the desired position on demand.
Usually a command from a control system would initiate the actuator to propel the valve into a fully-open or fully-closed position, or a more open or a more closed position.
The power source may be pneumatic, electrical, or hydraulic.
Depending on the application these may be very simple or exceptionally complex devices. In either case, the valve actuator must "fit" with operational requirements and with the valve system in use.
Valve Actuation Suppliers
DYNACTAIR PNEUMATIC ACTUATORS
Amri Featured Valve Actuator
The DYNACTAIR pneumatic actuators are designed for the automation of any type quarter-turn valve (plug, ball, butterfly, damper).
- Direct mount to AMRI butterfly valve
- Hard anodized aluminum housing (internal and external)
- Polyurethane coated end caps
- Standard ISO 5211 valve mounting interface
- Top mounting for positioner and limit switch box in accordance with VDI/VDE 3845 NAMUR specifications
- Direct mount NAMUR solenoid valve capability
- Direct mounting of the AMRI AMTRONIC instrumentation box
- Internal porting eliminating external tubing (when NAMUR mounted solenoid or AMTRONIC instrumentation box is used)
- Adjustable mechanical travel stops
- Blow out proof pinion gear
- Nitrile (Buna-N) seals, continuous working temperatures from -10°F to +185°F
- Optional Viton® seal kit available
- Visual indication
- Works equally well on lubricated or non-lubricated air